The NYSC certificate is an essential document needed for employment purposes. According to the Federal Government, Nigerian graduates without the NYSC discharge certificate, certificate of exemption, or the NYSC exclusion certificate are not eligible for employment in any government institution and most private institutions.
Did you know that most companies would check the authenticity of your NYSC certificate before considering you for employment? Now imagine being seen as a fraud by your potential employer. That’s why in today’s post, I’ll be showing you how to check if your NYSC certificate is fake. It’s quite simple to detect a Fake NYSC certificate, but you wouldn’t know if you don’t read through this post.
There are two ways to detect a Fake NYSC certificate, this includes:
- Online Verification
- Offline VerificationHow to Check Old JAMB Result
Both techniques can be used to verify if your NYSC certificate is fake or authentic.
How to use the Online Certificate Verification method
To use the online verification method to check if your NYSC certificate is authentic, follow the procedures below:
- Step 1: Visit the official NYSC certificate verification portal via https://verify.nysc.org.ng
- Step 2: Click on “Proceed to Verification” to begin the procedure
- Step 3: Enter your correct NYSC email address and password
- Step 4: If you’ve forgotten your password, click on the “Forget password” link below to recover it
- Step 5: If you’re a new user, simply click on the “sign up” link below to register on the NYSC portal
- Step 6: After entering your email address and password, click on “login” to verify your certificate
Note: To verify your NYSC certificates using the online verification process, you will be charged a sum of Two Thousand Naira (N2,000) only.
How to use the Offline Certificate Verification method
To use the offline verification method to check if your NYSC certificate is authentic, follow the procedures below:WAEC result
- Step 1: Write a letter of request for the verification of your NYSC certificate number to NYSC.
- Step 2: Ensure that the letter is addressed to the “Director-General, National Youth Service Corps, Directorate Headquarters, Plot 416, Tigris Crescent, Maitama, Abuja.” And submitted to the NYSC headquarters.
- Step 3: Make sure that your request letter is marked “Attention: Director (Corps Certification)”
- Step 4: Attach a photocopy of your certificate (The certificate you wish to verify).
- Step 5: If you wish to verify multiple certificates, make sure you number them serially with a pen, and attach the photocopies of the NYSC certificate to the letter.
- Step 6: Your application letter should be submitted to the NYSC Director General’s Registry located at the 6th floor of the NYSC headquarters (Yakubu Gowon House)
- Step 7: Do not forget to include your contact address, email address, and telephone number on your application letter.
Note: The National Youth Service Corps, NYSC can only verify the NYSC Discharge Certificate, Exemption Letter, and the NYSC Exclusion Letter.JAMB form
If you encounter any challenges while verifying your certificate, or if you have any questions for us, feel free to drop a comment below in the comment box and we’ll give you a prompt response. I’m sure you’ve benefited a lot from this article, kindly tap on the share icon below to help your friends verify their NYSC certificates too.JAMB Result