The premier league golden glove award is an award given to a goalkeeper with the most number of clean sheets kept at the end of a particular campaign.
Over the years, the award has been shared between the likes of Ederson and Alisson Becker but, this season, several goalkeepers are in contention.
Nonetheless, I’ve decided to highlight the current golden glove table after Chelsea goalkeeper, Kepa Arrizabalaga kept a clean sheet against Leeds United on Saturday and overtook Hugo Lloris on the log.
1. Nick Pope: the first position on the list is currently occupied by Newcastle United goalkeeper, Nick Pope. The English goalkeeper who has been quite outstanding this season, has managed to keep 12 clean sheets.
2. Aaron Ramsdale: Arsenal goalkeeper, Aaron Ramsdale failed to draw level with Nick Pope when he conceded two goals against Bournemouth on Saturday. Despite the disappointment, he is still occupying second position with 11 clean sheets.
3. David De Gea: the third goalkeeper on the list is David De Gea. The Spanish goalkeeper who currently plays for Manchester United, may draw level with Aaron Ramsdale if he manages to keep a clean sheet against Liverpool.
4. Alisson Becker: David De Gea is closely followed in fourth position by Alisson Becker. The Liverpool goalkeeper who currently has 9 clean sheets, may draw level with De Gea when Manchester United and Liverpool clash on Sunday.
5. Ederson: Manchester City goalkeeper, Ederson is occupying fifth position on the list. Having kept another clean sheet against Newcastle United on Saturday, he took his tally of the season to 9.
6. Kepa Arrizabalaga: Kepa Arrizabalaga who was in action against Leeds United on Saturday, took his tally to 8 clean sheets when Chelsea emerged victorious with a scoreline of 2:0. The clean sheet he kept took him above Hugo Lloris on the log.
7. David Raya (8 clean sheets)
8. Bernd Leno (7 clean sheets)
9. Hugo Lloris (7 clean sheets)
10. Jose Sa (7 clean sheets) kindly take a look at the image below for more details.