The Presidential candidate of the Labour party, Peter Obi, has said he and his running mate, Datti Baba-Ahmed won the February 25, 2023, presidential election and will be going to court to ‘’retrieve their mandate.”
Obi in a press conference in Abuja yesterday, March 2, said he won the elections and will prove it in court. Speaking during the press briefing, Obi said;
‘’The election that we just witnessed had been conducted and results announced as programmed. It is a clear deviation from electoral rules and guidelines as we were promised. This election did not meet the minimum standard expected of a free, transparent, credible and fair election. It will go down as one of the most controversial elections ever conducted in Nigeria. The good and hardworking people of Nigeria have again been robbed by our supposed leader whom they trusted.
The process in which people come into office is far more fundamental and more important than what they do thereafter. It is my belief that if you must answer his excellency, the process to which you arrive office must be excellent.
Let me assure you that we will explore all options to reclaim our mandate. We won the election and will prove it to Nigerians. Please do not despair’.’
He appealed to all Nigerians to be peaceful and law-abiding as he goes to court to ‘’retrieve his mandate.”
Watch a video of him speaking below