Mason Greenwood Of Manchester United Is Released On Bail Following A Rape Case.

Days after being accused of trying to rape someone, Manchester United footballer Mason Greenwood was released on bail on Wednesday.


On top of that, the 21-year-old forward was arrested over the weekend on charges of assault and using coercive behavior. On Monday, he was remanded in custody after making an appearance at Manchester Magistrates’ Court. At Manchester’s Minshull Street Crown Court on Wednesday, a bail application was heard in private.

A court spokeswoman announced bail had been granted during the hearing, with the requirements that the defendant must live at a specific place and refrain from contacting any witnesses, including the complainant. Greenwood is scheduled to return to court on November 21 after missing the brief hearing.

The same woman is accused of all three offenses.

1. The footballer was initially detained in January in connection with claims involving a young woman after pictures and videos were uploaded online. Since then, he had been out on bond, but on Saturday, he was taken into custody for allegedly breaking the terms.

2. Greenwood, who has made one appearance for England, was prohibited from participating in games and training sessions with the Old Trafford team within hours of the allegations going viral online at the start of the year. Nike put the player on inactive status and later discontinued its sponsorship agreement with him, and Electronic Arts verified that he was taken out of the FIFA 22 game’s active squads.

3. Greenwood, a graduate of the United academy, has played 129 times and scored 35 goals for United. In February 2021, he agreed to a new contract that would keep him at Old Trafford through at least 2025. In September 2020, he made his England debut against Iceland. However, due to a violation of the team’s coronavirus policies, he and Manchester City midfielder Phil Foden were expelled.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here