The use of marijuana in different countries around the world depends on the laws of their governments. Marijuana is a strong-smelling plant that has a powerful effect on pain reduction and several health conditions. According to Healthline, marijuana is edible.
It can be chewed and swallowed to cure several chronic health problems. Some people add it to their foods or ferment it in their drinks. India and China have been using it for therapeutic effects on their health for many years. It has been formulated into capsules, chocolates, oils, and teas.
Eating a marijuana-based product does not have the same effect as eating it raw because it has been processed. It also has some side effects that you should know about. The following are the health benefits of eating marijuana and its side effects:
1. It contains some acidic compounds. When you eat it raw, it serves as a stimulant for a feeling of great elation, which has the same effect as when you consume alcohol.
2. It has some plant compounds that have therapeutic effects on your body, which treat health conditions such as chronic pain. Some of these pain-related diseases are arthritis and abdominal disorders.
3. Some doctors in countries like the United States, Spain, Germany, and Italy legally recommend marijuana consumption to treat certain symptoms related to cancer due to its cannabinoid substance.
4. It is commonly used to help cancer patients who are experiencing weight loss and people who have lost their appetite for food recover from these health conditions.
5. It contains a psychoactive substance known as tetrahydrocannabinol, which can help the muscles relax, treat muscle pain, help you sleep better, and cure anxiety.
6. Marijuana also contains some ingredients that do not intoxicate but work in the body as antioxidants to fight inflammation. This can help to boost your immune system.
7. It also comes with some side effects. It’s not easy to ascertain the right measured portion that you should consume at any given time. The effects of the chemical compounds in different marijuana varieties vary depending on how they are cultivated.
8. When marijuana is consumed, it usually takes a longer time to start working on your body than when it is smoked. This can make someone eat too much of it.
The effect of eating it can last longer than when it is smoked. It can cause some mental disorders and confusion of perception. The person can start having hallucinations about reality.