Popular Nigerian socialite, Kayode Badru has died at a hospital in Gbagada, Lagos state, after his body was on fire during a prayer session at a Celestial Church of Christ.
The deceased was said to have flown into the country from Dubai, United Arab Emirates where he was based for the graduation of 40 people he sponsored to Academy For Innovative Art And Technology (ACIATECH).
After attending the graduation ceremony, he visited at CCC Imole parish, Nureni Yusuf Way, Alagbado area of Lagos state on Wednesday for Isegun (Victory) programme.
He was asked to kneel down at the middle of the church and was surrounded with white candles, while held one lit candle in his hand.
According to multiple reports, while kneeling down, a prophet began to spray perfume on his body and within a few minutes, his body was on fire due to how inflammable perfumes are.
Following this, he was rushed to an hospital at Gbagada area of Lagos but died on Wednesday, May 5.
The publication stated that the father of the clergyman was then arrested, which then led Alebiosu to resurface.
It added that two out of the seven elders in the church are also in Police custody while other