Liverpool boss, Jurgen Klopp has revealed that his side has made ‘special plans’ for dealing with Real Madrid’s Vinicius Jr. when both sides clash again on Wednesday night in the Champions League quarter-final second-leg at Anfield.
Real Madrid lead 3-1 lead going into battle at Anfield after Vinicius scored a brace in Madrid last week, with Marco Asensio also netted for the hosts.
The result makes it almost impossible for the Reds to think of advancing to the semi-finals of the competition and they will be wary of getting hit on the break by the pace of Vinicius.
But the German gaffer said his side will look to stop the supply into the in-form 20-year-old.
Asked if he was surprised by Vinicius performance in the first leg, Klopp said, “I was impressed, not surprised.
‘He’s obviously an outstanding talent. Everybody knew it before Real Madrid signed him but since then he became obviously even better. And that’s cool.
“Special plans? Yeah, that’s, unfortunately, the case.
“You saw one goal I think we could have defended. The other goal, as I’ve said, was just a great, great long ball and then a great first touch and great finish.
“So yeah, we will try to avoid [allowing] the passes in his direction – which is a big task actually! But impressed yes, surprised not.”